Wednesday, February 1, 2012

University of Western Cape

Last weekend we had our team briefing, and we hit the ground running this week on campus!  Christian's main university will be the University of Western Cape.  The team went on their campus on Tuesday (the 2nd day of school) and they got to meet some student leaders and share their faith.  Christian said the campus is the most "lively" campus he's ever been on...one of the most popular things is to play dominos.  They throw the dominos down on the table as if they were cards!  And one of the student organizations were rioting.  Anyway, Tyler and Erik got into a conversation with a guy just by saying "Have you ever heard of the Four Spiritual Laws?" and after sharing them with them, the guy ended up inviting Christ into his life!   Praise the Lord!  And Christian was so excited about the 3 student leaders that are there- they are SO on fire for the Lord!  And they came today to our "New Life Training Curriculum" training day today! It is a basic training course on evangelism and the Holy Spirit that we are doing today and tomorrow.  Our Port Elizabeth Stint team, Cape Town associate staff and stint team, and 5 student leaders were in attendance.  Christian taught on how to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit, and I trained on how to share the four spiritual laws.  Honestly, it was a little stressful to prepare our lessons, as the curriculum is new to us (old to Crusade), and because we were both needing the computer, and we don't have a printer.  BUT, God showed up and it turned out to be an encouraging time.
However, the stress continued as I GOT LOST driving myself home!  It was supposed to be an easy route...but somehow I missed my turn and ended up in an unfamiliar area, which led me to the highway!  I still haven't driven on the highway...and not knowing where I was wasn't a good way to start!  I had the GPS, but it wasn't finding where I was either, and then it lost reception.  So of course I was praying...and on the verge of tears.  Finally, the GPS got itself together, and led me home...praise the Lord!  Seriously!  I thought it was ironic how we'd just been talking in our training about our need to depend on the Holy Spirit...just as I was completely dependent on the GPS for guidance.  Now, the analogy breaks down in many ways...because the Holy Spirit will always work!:)
We had a wonderful weekend at the beach at "The Lord's Team House" for our briefing!  We all got to sleep in bunk beds...took me back to the days in the sleeping dorm in the sorority and camp at Kanakuk:).  Highlights:  view of the beach, AMAZING food (bought the chef's cook book), the beach, encouraging time in the Word and with the Eastern Cape Stint team, vision and direction, and beautiful weather!  I'm still confused on the month...it feels like it should be August since school is starting and it's warm.  Normally, Lily's birthday is right after school starts in the fall...but here, Anya's birthday is after school starts...almost in fall.  Crazy!  But fun!
Please pray for us on Saturday.  We are doing an outreach to Muslims in the Western Cape.  Pray for the Spirit's discernment and leading, and that many will see Jesus in dreams and visions and be open to receiving the DVD's we are giving.
So thankful for your prayers!  I'll bet they are how I found my way home today!

No comments: