Wednesday, August 1, 2012

10 years

Ten years ago, on July 27th, 2002, I married the love of my life!  One of the best things that's ever happened to me.   It's hard to believe it's been 10 years...but on the other hand it feels like we've walked a long life together so far!
Our wedding day was a beautiful but HOT July day.  I felt like a princess and loved every minute of it! Everything went just as I imagined it...until we got to the dinner reception and saw that our 400 closest friends and family would be dining with "sporks"(you know, the KFC cross between a fork and a spoon).  Yes, we were in my small hometown of Goodland, Kansas.  And yes, the reception was at the Elks Lodge.  BUT we DO have forks, and I was expecting to be able to eat with them at the reception:).  Oh well...sporks didn't ruin our day.  The best part was that I married the man of my dreams...even beyond my dreams.  He is a man of character, integrity, passion and humility, and he's led us in prayer and pursuit of the Lord, loved me and our family out of Christ's unconditional, sacrificial, selfless, gracious love, and he makes me laugh!  God knows the desires of our hearts and I love how He knows us better than we know ourselves!  And I'm so thankful His ways are not our ways...who knows where we'd be today...so glad we're in Cape Town!  Ten years of so many adventures, life changes, moves, memories, blessings, trials, and answers to prayer. God is SO good and faithful!  
We celebrated last month when Paul and Kathy and my sister were here, as we got to get away for a night and go out on a boat at sunset.  It was wonderful!  On our actual anniversary we went to dinner and a movie, as some of our summer project students offered to babysit.  What a blessing (and the girls had so much fun!)



The past

No comments: